Thursday, March 25, 2010

T-shirt to Infant Gown

I ran across this tutorial with a pattern on turning t-shirts into infant gowns. Of course, it could be used on material, too. However, upcycling your t-shirts is so frugal and cool at the same time. The directions were very easy to follow, and the gown took me about half an hour start to finish. I think it turned out pretty good. Although, I think I would prefer the neckline to be serged instead of zig zagged. I can't wait to do more!

Here is a link to the pattern and tutorial:
http://thismamamakesstuff.com/2008/08/tutorial-t-shirt-to-newborn-gown/

And here is my first t-shirt turned gown. *Note - I used a women's large shirt, and there wasn't enough material for the sleeves. I had to cut into another shirt for the sleeves. So, I think to make it with all of the material the same, you definitely need to use a Men's large.*

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It is funny because I followed the link in your comment on This Mamma makes Stuff's tutorial to see how you varied the gown because I am about to make my soon-to-be baby an Texas Aggie one and low and behold you have a longhorn one!

    Kristen
    www.lillysfrillies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete